Thursday, May 21, 2009

A picture or two...

I will slowly share some pictures. I feel overwhelmed with a 1000+ pictures. I have been sorting through them. I made my first video with Windows Movie Maker! I was busy with that. I am working on a second video. (The first one is a surprise for our cruise buddies).

I have to say this was probably my favorite cruise so far. (Well, my honeymoon was MY favorite, of course). Someone asked about my itinerary....here goes. Oh and let me say, I CAN NOT go back to a 7 Night Cruise....no way...it's TOO short!

Day 1 - Left New Jersey
Day 2 - SEA
Day 3 - SEA
Day 4 - San Juan, Puerto Rico
Day 5 - Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Day 6 - Philisburg, St. Maarten
Day 7 - Roseau, Dominica
Day 8 - Bridgetown, Barbados
Day 9 - St. Johns, Antigua
Day 10 - Basseterre, St. Kitts
Day 11 - SEA
Day 12 - SEA
Day 13 - SEA

Originally, Day 11 was suppose to stop in Tortola, but that was changed. I was worried three days at sea would be too long at the end but it was not. Two of the three sea days were perfect warm pool weather. The last day was a little windy and colder in the afternoon. Overall during the whole cruise, we had great weather. We were very thankful for that.

In Puerto Rico, we didn't do much but walk around Old San Juan. We didn't dock until 4pm, so there wasn't much time for beach or excursions. I went to the Coach Outlet and got a great deal on my new Coach purse!

I will skip St. Thomas for now and share a little bit of St. Maarten.

We booked a tour through Bernards Tours. He was very friendly and an excellent tour guide. This was one of our favorite tours. This was our third visit to St. Maarten and DH was very excited to finally go to Maho Beach. Due to Carnival going on, we had to go there first thing instead of the afternoon. There aren't as many big planes that land in the morning but at least we got to see a couple.

Here is the "Danger" sign warning us about the jet blast. Believe it or not, if you go to YouTube, you will see some good videos of this beach and the idiots that stand behind a plane taking off! It's pretty funny.


Here is my DH's FAVORITE picture of the trip! He is so proud of this picture! I am not under the plane like he is but I was the one that took this brilliant picture. Boy did I get lucky! Good thing for the "burst" option on our camera! (DH is sitting on the sand and our cruise buddy, Larry, is standing behind him)



These rocks hurt me! I got a little cut on my ankle. Dee warned me they were sharp!


Bernard told us if women ordered a drink "topless", we drink free! That's okay! I would rather pay the $6.00 for a drink and keep my top on! LOL! (Didn't have a drink at this bar). Rum Punch was included in Bernards Tour. All I have to say is his rum punch is STRONG! (Tasty too)


DH said the "Plane" picture was his favorite of the cruise. I asked which was his favorite of "US"....this was his response:


It might take awhile, but I will eventually share each port with you all if you are interested!

6 comments:

SnapScrapRepeat said...

yes! I am interested! The blue skies look awesome in every single picture here! I love those smiles and can't wait to hear more about your awesome adventures!

Where did you eat while in Viejo San Juan?

Pam said...

Yay, thanks for sharing Louisa! I love those blue, clear waters and you guys seriously take the best couple pics! I bet there are tons of cute ones!!

Shel said...

WOW! You two are so photogenic!! What a fun itinerary! Love it! It's similar to the cruise we went on last year in March, except for a stop or two. Can't wait to see the rest of your pics and how you scrap them.

brigid16 said...

holy crap that plane pic is wild!!!! These pics look so awesome! I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Bashful said...

Yes, yes, yes - I'm interested! Awesome photos! I love the one of both of you - so sweet! Gosh, you posted this 6 days ago... where have I been?!! Thank you - I've been so looking forward to this! :-)

*reyanna* said...

LOL! Seriously... I can tell why this is Robert's favorite photo of you too. Is it because he's been working out?! LOL. Well, you both look great! :)

You went to Antigua?!? I want to go there SO BAD! As a geography project in high school, I chose that location to be my dream vacation. I learned SO much about it! Some day... I'll go on this cruise, so we can go too. :D

And how AWESOME about the jets! I LOVE jets. And I LOVE the sound. My favorite sound in the world. I would have loved that!