Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Just a hello

Thanks all for your input about saving $. I appreciate all ideas. You can keep them coming. We are pretty good with our money already and DH has a lot to do with it. I always cut coupons anyways, I got that from my mother. We do not eat out as much as we used to but that wasn't very much anyways. When we do go out to dinner, we rarely buy drinks. I mean rarely. If we are out and it's happy hour, we might have a drink or two. That is another way we save $.

I haven't been scrapping so I am saving money there. It's not that I don't want to scrap because I do! I really do! Besides, when I do, I will definitely need to use my current scrap supply. I haven't bought anything in months! I haven't scrapped since March or April, before the cruise. We are trying to move and I just don't want to pull out my scrappy stuff until after the move. We are looking but we haven't found "the one'.

I got Jolee groomed today. Her hair is short but I like it anyways. I asked for shorter ears and I got them. She is a doll.



She was a good little poser for me when we got home. I love how she looks in the lei. LOL! I haven't even been to Hawaii yet!

My five year old nephew started Kindergarten on Monday! (I still can't believe it) I wasn't there to experience his first day due to work and the distance between us but my sweet brother made sure to send us pictures that night.

My mother picked out this outfit. He is so freakin' cute!


This picture is with his cousin. (The one with his finger in his nose! LOL! He will love that later in life) HE looks SO much like my little brother here! (Not little anymore) His hair is slicked back just like Daddy's hair now!


Agh, they grow up so fast!

More to come tomorrow. I am still trying to figure out a photo program to reduce the size of pictures to upload them. HELP! My laptop didn't come with one...I don't think! LOL!

5 comments:

SnapScrapRepeat said...

Louisa - an easy way to reduce the size of your photos should be right on your laptop - OPEN "Paint" and choose your picture. Then select "image" where you can resize/skew the pic down by 50 percent. Then SAVE!

There are other programs like Irfanview that you can download that do the same thing, but let me know if this helps!

Congrats on the first day of Kinder! YAY! Love Jolee's new cut too!

Pam said...

I love Jolee's haircut-adorable!!! I downloaded something called VSO image resizer to resize my pictures.

Shel said...

Cute pic of your nephew and your puppy!

Hope you find the home of your dreams! But once you find it, you'll be spending all of your hard-earned money decorating!!! :)

Bashful said...

Jolee is such a doll! Your nephew is adorable! Good luck with the home-hunt!

As for money-saving... it sounds like you've already got the right idea. I think we all just need to be a little more cautious than usual - but hopeful. The economy has just got to turn around soon!

*reyanna* said...

Awwww! How cute he looks! I can't believe how big he's gotten! :)

And Jolee is adorable! LOVE the short ears. :D