Thursday, August 20, 2009

At the park

Yesterday, I went down to SIL's and the four of us went to the park. Nephew had swim lessons while me and niece watched. I can't believe she is 2 months now! We had her in the carrier (by the way, my arms are sore from carrying her around! I don't know how you mommies do it! Strong arms!?), anyways, she was in her carrier and she had a little fan club. Two little kids we just loving her! They had all kinds of questions and wanted to touch her, etc. It was cute but my question for you mommies: How do you feel about that? I don't think I would want strangers and little kids with all their germs touching my baby! Let me know what you think!

After the swim lessons, we played in the park. Here he is, so serious, after he ate his sandwich.


Nephew knows his alphabet and enjoyed this part of the slide. He didn't even go down the slide he was so involved with the alphabet! His Mamma has taught him so much!


HE loved this bouncy thing! I don't know what they are called! :)


So I decided to join him. I actually can fit on it, even with my long legs! LOL! SIL went to take a picture of the nephew and I but he decided to get off his and run off. She snapped a picture of me and niece. (Don't worry, I didn't bounce her around)


I said I would post these and didn't have a chance until now. These were taken two weeks ago. She was about 1 1/2 months. She was smiling so much when I was talking baby to her.


She is such a sweetie. She looks so much like her brother!


Brooklyn is getting baptized this Saturday. I am able to get off work early and go. :) What kind of gift to you give for a baptism? I am looking forward to seeing her and the whole family. It will be nice.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh. 2 months old. I vote on not letting stranger's potentially germy children in my baby's face. But I think I'm going to be super overprotective for a while. :)

Love the pics - those babies are precious!

~Angela

Pam said...

She is so cute, I love her outfit!!! I do not like when other people's kids touch Kieran...at all. Who knows where their hands have been? Oh and after holding kids constantly, your arms are just strong...that is the only part of me that isn't out of shape;)

SnapScrapRepeat said...

What beautiful little faces! They are getting so big!

I can be hit or miss on the touching thing. In one light I see that being out and about opens you up to tons of germs, but at the same time it has really built great immunity in my kids. (I'm going to knock on wood here), but they are rarely sick with major things or infections. And although my Mother-in-law would not agree - it is good to play outdoors, with no shoes, and in the rain!!!

Shel said...

Babies are like magnets to old people and little kids! LOL I hate when kids touch the baby and parents just stand by and watch. I usually talk in baby-talk to the kids and say "Don't touch the baby. Just look with your eyes!" I'm so mean! LOL

A good christening gift? I loved the beautiful children's bibles that Zoey received. I think those are special. She also received some music cds for babies, clothes, a Waterford crystal cross and lots and lots of money (which we deposited into a bank account that she will not be able to touch until college!)

BTW...Your niece and nephew are beautiful and you are a glowing aunt!

Bashful said...

Great new pix!

I have no idea how mommies do it all... the carrying kids around, the handling germs thing... I am in total AWE of mothers, LOL.

*reyanna* said...

She is adorable! They are both getting so big!! And I think mommies have strong arms because they start out with only a 6-8 pounder, and they just get stronger from there! LOL. :D