Thursday, October 1, 2009

Some Views, I need help!

We are settling in and enjoying, well, LOVING, our new home! We are happy! We don't mind staying home...we don't seem to be going out as much! Our previous place was so small, we didn't enjoy staying at home and was always on the run!

Okay, let's see. I need help. We have these beautiful french doors, two of them in the living room. They don't have any coverings. We only want them to be covered at night because of privacy. We went to Home Depot and they suggested the most inexpensive way to cover them would be vertical blinds. What do you think? Would it look okay? Any other suggestions? We could have MIL make some curtains. Would that look okay?



Keep in mind, we are getting new furniture. This green couch is going. It's not comfortable. We are going to get a couch and a recliner and two end tables. That is all we want.


Our backyard.


Side of backyard, in front of the garage.


Okay, this is the loft area. The only place not unpacked because that is all my scrapbook stuff! I am so overwelmed! This is the space I would be in. I got my 6 foot table now. I was thinking of moving over the Armoire with the TV to more of the center of the room or even the corner. Those boxes would be gone and there is a futon hiding in there. That would be moved to the other area.


This is the office area. The futon would go in there. And there is a small chair that matches the futon, it would be moved to my scrappy place. I don't know what to do!


Please be honest and let me know what you think. You can post here, or send me an email. If you are reading this, most likely you have my email. :)

Our team won Monday night and clinched the division. They are now 2009 American League West Champions! Go Angels! We were home, eating dinner, we decided not to go to the game that night because we both felt like we were getting sick. We had sore throat and headache type symptoms...so we stayed home. The Angels kept scoring runs and DH says, "They are going to clinch it tonight". We talked about going but didn't make a decision...they kept scoring in runs. Finally, I got up and got ready and told him we better go! He was ready in no time. WE got there in the beginning of the 7th inning. It was a cool time. We sat with a friend we met last season, so it ended up being very memorable!


And if you are on FB, you might have already seen this sassy picture of my doggie. She is a crack up! We were playing and her hair/ear landed this way and she continued to just stare at me, waiting to see what I would do. Well, the camera happen to be right there on the table and I was able to take this picture! She is hilarious!

5 comments:

Pam said...

Love you new house! I love how light and brigt the living area is! I vote for curtains to cover the french doors...then you can pick the fabric if MIL makes them and they just seem more homey to me than blinds, but that is just me:) I sent an e-mail a few days ago with some more ideas for your scrappy space-you have a nice space there! I would suggest shelving on the wall so that you can use more of table space as a work space. Have fun pikcing new furniture/stuff out! Are you guys going to paint?

SnapScrapRepeat said...

Oh! It is stunning Louisa! I love all of the LIGHT that comes through - but totally see why you would want some privacy at night! We recently invested in Roman Shades for our french doors...but that was after dreaming of them for forever. They are not an economical choice, but I suggest them because they can go up AND down and are fitted directly to the door. We never have to worry about opening and closing them to get out or in! (We had vertical blinds originally...bleh)

I will email you some more cause I think blogger might fall apart if I keep typing!

Shel said...

We have some pretty, decorative sheer drapes over our French doors. They let in all the light, but provide us with privacy. They are the kind that have a curtain rod at the top and bottom and have a "belt" in the middle. I think they look pretty!

I love how light and airy everything looks.

Congrats! Looks like the home of your dreams!!

*reyanna* said...

Hmmm... I'm thinking perhaps some wispy curtains... like sheer white to feel very "beachy," you know? Still enough to give you privacy? Or do you need something thicker? Is that why you may lean toward blinds? Also, Bed, Bath and Beyond had some curtains that were REALLY cool! Only $35 per panel! I'll find out the name and let you know! What type of decor are you doing? Beachy, comfy, cozy feeling? Like a Caribbean getaway? ;-)

Bashful said...

I'm late checking in, but just wanted to say that I love the pix of your new home! It's beautiful!

(And that picture of Jolee is adorable!)