Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fair in San Deigo

For DH's Birthday (Tuesday), we went to the Del Mar Fair in San Diego. We have the OC Fair right here, but we have heard how much better Del Mar is! It was nice! It was a bigger fair. We don't "do" fair rides but I told him if it was a nice day, I wanted to go on the Sky Ride. It was a beautiful day!

Nobody around to take our picture (LOL) so here is our self portrait!


See the wind blowing in my hair! My self portrait!


Here is our view from the Sky Ride. You can see the ocean! I love all the palm trees!


The real reason we went to the fair was to see Phil Vassar! DH didn't know it at the time...it was a surprise. He was very happy!


Here is a close up of him on his piano...he was surfing! It was cute.


Phil Vassor put on a great concert! I didn't know all the songs...DH knew more songs than me but I knew he would! I am so glad he enjoyed his day! I wanted to make it special for him.

As some of you may know...my SIL had her baby the same day. We went to visit her and the new baby yesterday. I will post pictures as soon as I get those uploaded...maybe later today.

4 comments:

SnapScrapRepeat said...

Looks like you had glorious sunshine for the outing! I love your smiles and Robert was surprised by the PV concert!!

Can't wait to see the newest member of the family!!

Mrs. Weddle said...

hey that place looks familar :) i haven't been to the fair for years, and i thought OC's fair was bigger too. and i like phil vasser in concert too he does a good show. he writes more songs than he sings and then in his concerts he sings alot of stuff that he has written.

Pam said...

Happy birthday Robert! How fun that you surprised him with the concert, and the fair looks like fun! I haven't been to a fair in years...

Bashful said...

Terrific pix - Thanks for sharing! I'm so glad hubby had a nice birthday. Sounds like you both had fun! I miss the California fairs - not quite the same here in Ohio.