I did something different this year. A friend asked me to ride to the Huntington Beach Parade with her. My first response: I haven't been on a bike for years! She had an extra bike for me to ride. She lives in HB and it was a short ride to PCH where we got on the bike path and rode to the pier (Main Street). It was about 1030 and it was hazy and the sun hadn't come out yet. I was nervous due to the fact that I haven't rode a bike in forever and the bike path was crowded! I made it there in one piece, no accidents! The parade lasted almost three hours. We rode around 'backstage' and saw the bands practice. It was a fun time.
Here is Snoopy!

I had to get a picture of me and Chris. We asked some stranger on the way back. The sun was out but it was still hazy at the beach.

The Pier. These pictures are not the best and I am disappointed.


I got back home almost 2pm. I was tired and ready for a nap. To my surprise, I wasn't sore the next day like I thought I would be.
*note to Kitty. Sorry, I didn't take more pictures of HB like I said I would.
3 comments:
That's okay, Louisa - I love the ones you did take! Thank you! And see, I told you that you never forget how to ride a bike, LOL. Someday I'll get back out there... [heavy sigh]
Fun day!!!!! I haven't ridden a bike in FOREVER!!! I would have been nervous too! Glad you had a good day!!!
I love to ride a bike, but haven't in years! I've been after DH to get us matching one, but he's a runner not a biker!! I am so glad you enjoyed they day, but get your sentiments on have bad picture days where you REALLY want something to remember it all by!
Post a Comment