Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sangria!

The other night we went out to dinner with friends to a restaurant, Tia Juanas. I saw Sangria on the menu and knew I had to try it. After all this talk about it, my curiousity got the best of me. So, I ordered a glass. The waitress comes back and said they were all out. Bummer. No, I didn't want anything else. Our friends arrived. Just to be cute, my friend orders a pitcher of it. The waitress again apoligized and said they were out. We continued with our ordering and coversation and later she comes back with great news! The bartender found the the Sangria. It was hiding in the fridge. We then ordered the pitcher.

I have to say the Sangria was good. I only tasted apples in it. My husband said there was also pineapple but I didn't taste that. I will have to try it somewhere else or buy the jug that was recommended to me by Candi, the girl who started this whole thing! I didn't know what Sangria was until she mentioned!

4 comments:

SnapScrapRepeat said...

YEAH! Mmmmmm, I'm glad you had your first taste...now we need to find you some that is not out of a bottle, but the "house" one that is not preprepared! I am so honored to have initiated this WORTHY cause!!!

Pam said...

Yum!!!! Carraba's and Olive Garden actually have pretty decent sangria too! But I agree with Candi-the homemade stuff is the real thing! Another cute picture of you guys though!

*reyanna* said...

I actually liked Sangria the first (and only) time I had it, and a friend just made it herself at a party she had. Pam, I'll have to try it at Carrabba's. Though I don't drink, so I wonder if they'd just give me a sip. ;) Louisa, I'm glad you got to finally taste it! :)

Kathy said...

totally agree on the homemade thing - just no comparison. I love it when they leave all the big chunks of fruit in the pitcher, too, it makes it all look so festive!