The countdown to my cruise continues. There has been a change since yesterday. RCI dropped Tortola from our cruise and brought back our first stop, which was San Juan. So, as I said yesterday, we were really looking forward to Tortola. But, I am not as disappointed as I thought I would be. We kind-of thought this was coming. Now, we can go back to our original plan while in San Juan. We wanted to tour a rum distillery. I also wanted to go to the Coach Outlet. And....I want to see a sunset while on an island. We might have to miss dinner in the main dining room for that but I am okay with that too. So this change was not all that bad. :)
Keeping up with my "new year's resolution", I made a delicious dinner last night. No pictures this time but I will share this super easy recipe. I got this recipe from a "Eating Better" cookbook that I bought from a high school student a few years ago. I served a side salad with it.
Low Calorie Quickie Calzone
serves 5
1/2 pound lean ground beef (I used lean turkey)
salt, pepper and garlic to taste
1 cup vegetables (onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, olives, tomatoes)
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups spaghetti sauce
1 can biscuit dough (10 pk, small size biscuits, only 50 calories each)
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 to 1/2 cup lowfat Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350. Cook ground beef (or ground turkey) with salt, pepper and garlic in saucepan until well done. Drain Fat.
Cut up desired vegetables and saute together in butter until tender crisp.
Combine vegetables with cooked meat.
Warm spagetti sauce. Add a small portion of vegetable and meat mixture to sauce, about 2 tablespoons. This gives sauce some added flavor.
Roll out biscuit dough into an oval or circular shape, about 3 to 4 inch in diameter, on a lightly floured surface. One biscuit for the top and one for the bottom of each calzone. Place bottom dough on a lightly greased cookie sheet; fill with vegetable/meat mixture, 1 tablespoon sauce mix and some cheese. Save some cheese to top the calzone. Cover with top dough and seal edges.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Calzone should be golden brown. Top with sauce, then sprinkle with cheese.
These are small and you could probably eat two of them. A salad and/or some vegetables would be a good side dish. I will definitely make these again.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Oh, I am so sorry that your cruise plans have to keep you jumping up and down with so many changes! :(
This recipe sound YUMMY! I bet everone in this house would love to try these! I will be back to get this meal!
Hopefully no more changes for you. Thanks for sharing that recipe-sounds yummy and relatively easy too! Will have to try it!
Post a Comment