Thursday, July 2, 2009

Roseau, Dominica

Our third stop of the cruise was Roseau, Dominica. We scheduled a private tour for the four of us. It had rained that morning and I saw a beautiful rainbow while walking on deck before we were in port. Too bad I didn't have a camera on me. That was the only rainbow I saw the whole cruise...which was a good thing!

We were the first group at the the Trafalgar Falls....it was nice and not crowded.


While hiking, I saw this heart plant that I just couldn't resist taking a picture! I love hearts!


Here are the falls together, one is the Mother Fall and the other is the Father Fall.


It was an easy hike.


Dee and I stopped here. The boys went further. I loved how lush and green the rainforest was! It was just beautiful! I did get bit by something on my leg, which I discovered later. I brought my Skin-so-Soft with me but forgot to spray myself!


They had to climb over rocks to get here. It is beautiful!


Our next stop was the Emerald Pool. It started raining during our drive up there.


So, it was down pouring when we got up there. There were tour groups already there. We tried to wait it out. We looked at the homemade crafts that the locals were selling. The guys couldn't resist the homemade sweets. I think this picture is so cute!


We waited and waited. We asked a few people if it was worth the 15 minute hike in the rain to see the Emerald Pool. They showed us their picture on their camera and pretty much said it wasn't worth the hike in the rain.. We agreed. We had to get our picture by the sign to show some proof that we were there!


Our last stop was Meru Beach. It stopped raining because we weren't up in the rainforest. The beach was okay. We learned that Dominica doesn't have pretty beaches and if we ever go back, it's definitely not a beach day!


One of the few self-portraits. We didn't take that many this time!



The palm trees were nice!


Some very tipsy lady posed us for this picture! She thought it was so cute! It's not too bad!


So to be perfectly honest, this was our least favorite day of the cruise. Next year's cruise is scheduled to stop in Dominica. We will definitely have to find something else to do. Maybe a different Fall and hike. The Falls from Pirates of the Caribbean are in Dominica....we might try that next time!

4 comments:

SnapScrapRepeat said...

the self portraits are always mt favorites, but I adore the palm tree one!! That's a framer!!

All of these are just glorious!!

Shel said...

Love your pics! I am a little late in reading all of your top 10 lists, so I guess I missed the boat! Maybe I can join late? I love the idea and I've learned so much about you!

Pam said...

Fabulous self-portrait:) The pictures are beautiful, the falls look gogeous!!!

*reyanna* said...

Oooh, yeah! The Falls from Pirates! Go there! :D

Sorry it wasn't the BEST day; the photos are nice though. :)